Re-Framing Your Vertical Garden
Join Extension Master Gardener℠ volunteers Amy Stidham and Amy Farley on May 6, 2021, from noon–1 p.m. for a fun and exciting way to garden. During this virtual workshop participants will learn to create a vertical garden in a frame using easy-to-find supplies. Those participating can build a box, use an old shadowbox, or re-use a planting box turned on its side to re-frame the garden. Participants will learn how to make a vertical succulent garden and an herb box for easy picking!
The workshop is free; however, registration is required.
For those that would like to build a re-framed garden during the workshop here is a list of supplies you will need.
- Hardwood picture frame plus
- 4 pieces of wood (1” x 3”) to fit sides of the frame (to make a box) plus plastic board to cover back
- OR Shadowbox and plastic to cover inside
- OR old wooden planting box with plastic insert
- Mesh wire
- Wire snips
- Sphagnum moss (optional)
- Staple gun
- Industrial strength glue or small “L” brackets
- Screws, drill/bit
- OR small nails/hammer
- Succulent cuttings, small pots of various herbs
- Potting mix or succulent/cactus mix
- Small watering can
- 12” dowel or stick to use for making holes to plant
- Picture hanging brackets and wire