Review slides from the Sept. 2016 Aquatic Weed Management Workshop: click here
Resources for identifying aquatic plants and weeds:
- NC State Turf Files – Aquatic Weeds
- NC State Aquatic Weed Management
- Download NCSU’s FREE Aquatic Plant ID App!
- NC Environmental Quality – Aquatic Weeds found in NC
- USDA National Invasive Species Information Center
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension – AquaPlant Plant ID
Resources for managing aquatic weeds:
- NC Agricultural Chemicals Manual – Aquatic Weed Control
- NC State – Aquatic Plant Management Publications
- NCDENR Aquatic Weed Control Program
- NCDA – Grass Carp Sources
- Filamentous Algae – Conditions and Control, Clemson Extension
- SE US Aquatic Weed Crop Profiles, USDA Regional IPM Centers
- University of Florida – Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants
Pond and fish management resources:
- NC Extension Pond Management Guide
- NCSU Extension Fisheries Resources
- For assistance with pond design and construction, contact your local Natural Resource Conservation Service District Conservationist. In Chatham County, contact Mike Sturdivant. To find the district conservationist for your county click here.
- For questions about fish health, contact the NC Wildlife Resource Commission – Division of Inland Fisheries District Biologist for your region.
Use Extension Search to find research based information from Cooperative Extension systems across the U.S.